Sunday, September 1, 2013

Being There Review

Being There
Author: T.K. Rapp
Genre: Romance/New Adult



When Cass Howard was young, she never dreamed she would have the perfect job, living in New York, with an amazing man by her side.
That’s a good thing…because none of that ever happened.
Drew Alexander was the one person who knew Cass better than almost anyone, and the friendship that developed in high school carried them to college. Despite the distance, their bond grew stronger, revealing to each of them what they meant to each other. A series of fleeting moments and a string of failed relationships helped them realize that what they really wanted, what they needed, was each other.
But that was five years ago, and sometimes things just don’t work out.
Now twenty-five, Cass finds herself living in Houston, working at a small publishing house as an editor. By most accounts, she appears happy, however she has managed to avoid a true relationship, opting to channel all of her energy on work, despite protests from her best friend.
The only thing that can drag her away is the annual girls’weekend, which comes at the best possible time, because Cass has just learned life-altering news. With the most recent blow to her life looming overhead, will the getaway with her closest friends change her outlook on life? Or will her inability to put the past behind her stifle any chance she has of moving on? Will she ever be able to open up and let those who love her be there for her?
Oh.My.Goodness. Best book I've read in a long time! I rated Being There with FIVE LEAVES!! I'm not even sure where to start because I don't think my review will do it justice. I want to start off with saying that ALL of our FALLowers need to grab this book and give it a go. I LOVE Cass and Drew. From the beginning of the book, we find out that Cass Howard is very structured with the way she lives her life. She has everything in order and gives 110% with everything she does, including her work. Cass finds out very early on in this story that not all things in life can be controlled. She is thrown through a big loop and has to start working through these obstacles. Before she does this, she decides to go on a little get away with her best friend. This is when her past comes back and makes her question everything she knows.
In high school, Drew Alexander is the boy that every girl wants to be with. He is extremely popular and knows how to handle every situation with ease. When Drew and Cass end up working on a school project together, they become close friends and stay that way for a long time. Through all their ups and downs, they love each other as friends, but is there more?
This is such a wonderful story about friendship and love. This book shows us that sometimes we may have something in our past that didn't turn out the way we wanted, but we need to let go of grudges and mishaps from the past and learn to move on and trust again.
I can tell by this story that T.K Rapp has a beautiful style of writing. Everything flowed perfectly and smoothly. I suggest you set aside some time to read this book because the second you pick it up and start reading, you won't be able to put it down until the last page is finished! I sure can't wait to read more by T.K. Rapp!



I was born and raised in the Houston area. (I love Texas!) I never planned on leaving, but my husband had other plans...since he was in the military at the time.

I have had the opportunity to live in California, South Carolina and Virginia...and as much as I loved those places and the people along the way, I missed Texas! So we finally planted some roots and it's here I will grow old and die. (I'm not morbid).

I've had a lifelong love of journaling and writing, but never did anything with it...as far as sharing it. Until now. This year, I finally scratched a line off my bucket list (still not morbid), by writing my first book. I'm not sure if I can call it a novel or not, so I'll go with book.

There may be more to come...

~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment