Saturday, August 10, 2013

Fatalism Review

Fatalism
Author: LK Collins
Published: July 27, 2013
Genre: New Adult 
Hosted by: I Love Indie Books   

Alexa Schaefer has been through more pain and hurt in her life than your average twenty-eight year old.She protects her heart by controlling everything around her and living her life according to a strict set of rules.For years, she has lived behind a wall, not allowing anyone into her heart. That is, until she meets Vincent, a man she can't get out of her head no matter what she tells herself.
On the outside, Vincent Mileski appears to be a confident, no nonsense attorney. A prodigy in the field of law, he has just won the biggest case of his career. Needing out of the spotlight, Vincent moves back to his home state of Colorado to get some time alone to heal from a previous betrayal.He hasn’t had a woman turn his head in years, that is,until he meets Alexa. After only knowing her name and the sweet taste of her kiss, she is torn from his arms.
Will fate bring these two back together,or will they spend an eternity searching?


What can I say? Fatalism was fantastic and I gave it 4 leaves. At first it was a little slow. It gave us a hint of how awesome the book could be if Vince and Alexa were together when they first meet at the club and randomly end up making out. But then, we get into a lull because Alexa won’t let herself be with Vince which frustrated the hell out of me. I mean, it had good intentions at first because she didn’t want to sleep with her boss. However, it got boring when she took it too far. The sexual tension that captivated me in the beginning disappeared. But wait, all of a sudden it comes back! Personally, I thought there wasn’t much of a build-up to when they finally give in to their passion. But, they more than make up for it. Their relationship was sweet and perfect. They were consumed with each other. It is probably unhealthy in reality but it seems perfectly normal in this book. Frankly, the conflicts that came up in the book to rock the boat were predictable and they annoyed me, but they were true tests to their relationship. And, of course, the two were eventually able to overcome everything that stood in their way.


I loved the way that Vince took care of Alexa. He was our standard alpha male. He was intense from the very beginning which attracts girls like Alexa who are strong, independent women without parental figures in their life. Without his POV, it was hard to really connect with him. Yet, I found myself looking for him when he was gone too. He truly is Alexa’s other half. He is super sexy. The epitome of tall, dark, and handsome. Oh, and the things he says... They turn you on and make you melt at the same time. Alexa kind of got on my nerves at times, but I can’t really fault her because she has already suffered from some things in the past and she is just trying to protect her heart. She was a typical New Adult heroine and I’ll be honest, I loved her most when she and Vince were together. She was confident and happy. I was jealous of their relationship, emotionally and physically. I almost forgot to mention their physical relationship! Let’s just say that LK Collins knows how to write a sex scene. I tore through this book because of it. They are hot. Not much of a surprise, like I said, Vince and Alexa have a perfect relationship.


Overall, I adored LK Collins debut novel. I think I heard something about her writing a follow-up book involving Alexa’s best friend, Cara, and Vince’s brother, Abel. Actually, I think it’s going to be a series of five books. I loved all the supporting characters in this book and I would love to see each of them get their own story. There were definitely good teasers for some back stories. Cara, Abel, and even Alexa’s sister, Bridgette, were all characters that were insanely loyal and supportive, not to mention funny at times. I look forward to seeing more of LK Collins’ writing, and I hope she doesn’t make us wait too long!


**Playlist**
 
LK is, first and foremost, a wife and a mother. She has always had a mad passion for reading, and recently turned that passion into the love and talent of writing. She writes sexy and erotic adult romance. Fatalism is her debut novel, which is part of the Life. Destiny. Fate Series. The series will contain five books, all of which are their own stories and can be read in order or as stand-alones.



 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment