Monday, October 14, 2013

Who We Are Review

Who We Are (FireNine, #2)
Author: Shanora Williams
Release Date:
Genre: New Adult
 
 
I thought I had gone through something much worse. I thought the abuse and pain from my mom and step-dad was bad, but this? This heartache? This pain? This depression? This gut-wrenching, heartbreaking moment? This knotted up feeling in my gut, the tightness in my throat, the ache in my chest? It was slowly but surely killing me.”
Eight months.
That’s how long it’s been since Eliza last saw Gage and they both feel as if they don’t deserve one another’s forgiveness. He screwed up. She walked away without looking back. They’ll try and make up all the time they’ve lost with one another, that is until they’re facing the choices of either going their separate ways, or hanging on and fighting for dear life.
The fights will be endless. They heartache will be real. The demons will return, and they won’t back down without a fight.
There are some who will do anything to keep true love apart, and those same people will dig deep into their demonic ways until Eliza and Gage are literally no more.
Can Eliza and Gage overcome it all? Will they be able to face the true demons that are seeking to destroy them? Or will they just forget about everything they’ve worked so hard for and go their separate ways?
Sometimes you have to go through struggles in order to reach an ultimate point of peace… but will their struggle be worth it?

 I rated Who We Are FOUR blazing leaves!! The cliffhanger-ending of Who He is had me in an uproar. Gage, Mr. Gage Grendel, I finally have you back! This sequel does not disappoint.  I fell in love with Gage Grendel in the first book and I find myself loving him even more with each page that I read of this one. (even when he really pisses me off) He's sexy as hell, has a big & loving heart & loves Eliza more than ever.

There's so many emotions you will go through with this book.  You will feel the struggles that both Gage and Eliza go through, healing, heart-break, and you will want to scream at your Kindle and you will cry your eyes out. You will experience the tough times they have to go through with each other. 


Gage and Eliza are so contradictory, and yet complement each other so well. Each trial, every obstacle, every hardship the two experience they are overcome and ultimately strengthen the relationship.
The relationship between Gage and Eliza is as hot and sweet—actually, much sweeter than the first book. Even though this book had some issues that made really upset, but I am glad that this book ended with a lovely happily ever after! I look forward reading more from this author and more about the bandmates of FireNine! 



Shanora Williams was born and raised in Matthews, North Carolina. She's the author of the New Adult series, OBTAINED and the Best Selling New Adult novel, Hard to Resist. Her upcoming mature New-Adult/Adult novel, Who He Is, will be released in July of 2013.

When she's not writing, she's happily reading or watching cartoons like the big kid she is. She has a wonderful family that you will hear her brag and talk about all of the time. Whenever she just wants to get away from the words for a while, she'll spend some time with her loved ones, eat gummy bears, or drown in Coca-Cola and anything else caffeinated.



No comments:

Post a Comment