Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Violation (Legal Affairs #3) Review



My life is in a tail-spin and I’m about ready to crash.

I’ve cut Matt Connover out of my life… well, at least out of my bedroom… but I still have to deal with him at work. I have Lorraine intent on raining hell and destruction down upon me, which at least provides a nice diversion from my miserable feelings over Matt.

About the only good thing that has happened to me lately?
Cal Carson asked me out… and I accepted.

Matt’s not going to like that. Not one little bit.
But that’s not my problem now, is it?


Legal Affairs is a serial romance with a whole lot of hot and a little bit of funny. It has six volumes that will be released every two weeks, the first one, entitled Objection, on January 10, 2014.
Legal Affairs – Objection – releasing January 10, 2014
Legal Affairs – Stipulation – releasing January 24, 2014
Legal Affairs – Violation – releasing February 7, 2014
Legal Affairs – Mitigation – releasing February 21, 2014
Legal Affairs – Reparation – releasing March 7, 2014
Legal Affairs – Affirmation – releasing March 21, 2014





Okay so this week I think I love Sawyer for this one! I was so excited to wake up and see this sitting on my kindle, it felt a little like an early birthday present. This book is number three in the series so I hope that you have been reading these, but if not let me catch you up. If you have not read the others in the series stop reading now, read them then come back. All done? Alright here we go! In the first book (Objection) we meet McKayla “Mac” and Matt who shared a night of passion through a dating agency call One Night Only. Both go on with their lives until the next morning when Mac gets the surprise of her life as Matt has just become her new boss. Gasp! I know right? They must deny the sexual tension because of course they cannot continue to be sexually involved because that would cause so many problems right? Wrong! These two just cannot stay away from each other and share another night of passion and that was just in the first book! The second book, ( Stipulation) the two embark on a sex only relationship until more people start to come into play that force Matt to realize he has a jealous side and Mac to realize she wants something more than sex on the weekends. In this story we meet Cal, who you’ll find out more about in the third book, he is what causes Mac to step away from Matt. Not because she wants to be with Cal, just that Matt told her not to and you know Mac doesn’t take anything from anyone and in the end Mac walks away from Matt and that is book two. Finally, we get to the third book (Violation), and Mac and Matt just can’t seem to stay away from each other. Mac realizes she just can’t continue with Cal and knows that they would be better off as friends. Mac’s boss Loraine, who is a real pain in the back side, finally gets a taste of her own medicine when Matt catches her yelling at Mac and he fires her on the spot. After a semi-freak out from Mac about firing Loraine because of her, Matt lets Mac in on what the dinner “date” was for: firing her nicely. Some flowers and take home dinner but still sex only thing, Mac finally starts to realize that maybe that is all she is going to get from Matt, when tragedy happens and then… bam end of book three. Yes, yes it did suck reading the end of this one however it ended on a note that I was okay with waiting for the next one. The next book in the series, Mitigation, will be available on February 21st; only two more weeks.*sigh*




~REVIEW BY VANESSA~

USA Today Best-Selling Author, Sawyer Bennett is a snarky southern woman and reformed trial lawyer who decided to finally start putting on paper all of the stories that were floating in her head. She is married to a mobster (well, a market researcher) and they have two big, furry dogs who hog the bed. Sawyer would like to report she doesn't have many weaknesses but can be bribed with a nominal amount of milk chocolate.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment