Friday, February 21, 2014

Mitigation (Legal Affairs #4) Review



I’ve seen a new side to Matt Connover. He’s proven to me that there is something inside him other than icy control and masculine force.

I’ve seen care… tenderness… even protectiveness.

I’ve seen vulnerability.

But Matt Connover’s issues run deep. I know Cal hurt him deeply, and he keeps himself protected because of that. I also sense there is something more to his pain that even I cannot comprehend.

Matt is struggling between what he knows and what he wants.
I’m struggling with boundaries and how to protect my own fragile heart.

This time I’m drawing a line in the sand and Matt can either step over to join me, or these Legal Affairs are finished forever.

 
Legal Affairs is a serial romance with a whole lot of hot and a little bit of funny. It has six volumes that will be released every two weeks, the first one, entitled Objection, on January 10, 2014.
Legal Affairs – Objection – releasing January 10, 2014
Legal Affairs – Stipulation – releasing January 24, 2014
Legal Affairs – Violation – releasing February 7, 2014
Legal Affairs – Mitigation – releasing February 21, 2014
Legal Affairs – Reparation – releasing March 7, 2014
Legal Affairs – Affirmation – releasing March 21, 2014


Ahh this is becoming my favorite miniseries of all time, not just because it comes out every two weeks but because it seems like each one is better than the last. I am rooting for Mac and Matt to finally work it out and if you have followed me so far I hope you are too! My last reviews were basically explaining the first books in the series so I am hoping by now that you have read them because I will just write my reviews for the new book from now on. Okay here we go! In the last book, Violation, tragedy hits Mac hard when she finds out her mother was in a car accident. We don’t get to find out how bad her mother was hurt because Bennett likes to leave us hanging and wait till the next book to find out. In Mitigation we find out that Mac’s mother is brain dead and Mac has some really tough decisions to make but this time she has someone there to help her get through it: Matt. When she looks up and sees him with open arms Mac runs straight to them letting go everything she’s held in. With the help of Matt, Mac gets everything she needs to and finally says goodbye to her mom. After he leaves to go back to work, Mac rushes to get everything finished up so she may hurry home and back to work ready to start moving on with her life. Matt is there to offer her great sex when once again Mac approaches the subject of wanting more. This in turn freaks Matt out and makes him try to make her forget with sex. It works for a little while until Mac finally listens to her head and not her hormones and gives Matt one more ultimatum: give her more by trying to date or no more sex. He of course chooses the latter and then the ongoing battle begins. After a couple more No’s from Mac, Matt finally snaps at her and she leaves the office in a rush taking a two day sick leave to get away from the harshness of his words. While pigging out on junk food with Macy, Mac gets the drunken phone call from Matt she never expected and… I will stop here and let you read it to find out what happens next! I know, I’m a little mean but hey it’s a great series so keep reading it to find out what happens next. I know I can’t wait for the next one!



~REVIEW BY VANESSA~

USA Today Best-Selling Author, Sawyer Bennett is a snarky southern woman and reformed trial lawyer who decided to finally start putting on paper all of the stories that were floating in her head. She is married to a mobster (well, a market researcher) and they have two big, furry dogs who hog the bed. Sawyer would like to report she doesn't have many weaknesses but can be bribed with a nominal amount of milk chocolate.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment