Saturday, January 25, 2014

Stipulation (Legal Affairs #2) Review



I crossed a line with my boss and there’s no taking it back.

Not that I’d want to.

You see… Matt Connover? Well, he’s something else. Strong, magnetic, sexy as hell… but yeah, he’s still my boss.

What am I doing? Why is he so irresistible to me? Maybe it’s because I finally saw a different side to him. I saw, for a brief moment, that Matt is vulnerable, possibly damaged. Is it wrong that it makes him even sexier in my opinion?

I’m in deep and I don’t see any way out.

I don’t want to find a way out.

I want to find a way for both of us to stay involved in these Legal Affairs.
~ McKayla “Mac” Dawson


Legal Affairs is a serial romance with a whole lot of hot and a little bit of funny. It has six volumes that will be released every two weeks, the first one, entitled Objection, on January 10, 2014.
Legal Affairs – Objection – releasing January 10, 2014
Legal Affairs – Stipulation – releasing January 24, 2014
Legal Affairs – Violation – releasing February 7, 2014
Legal Affairs – Mitigation – releasing February 21, 2014
Legal Affairs – Reparation – releasing March 7, 2014
Legal Affairs – Affirmation – releasing March 21, 2014





Well I believe that I might have a love/hate relationship with Sawyer Bennett just because sometimes her work is so great you don’t want her to quit writing the story, but as soon as it gets good, Sawyer drops bombs like she did at the end of the second volume. Thank goodness that these come out every couple of weeks because I think I might go a little crazy if I had to wait it out for a couple of months. Okay, enough of my rant and on to the story. The story starts off with Mac packing to go to the deposition with Matt for the weekend. If you’ve read the last book (which I really hope you did), you’ll remember that Mac and Matt met through One Night Only. They end up having to work together; Matt becomes Mac’s boss and the chemistry they had must be put on the back burning. After the short reunion of these two in the office at the end of Objections, Matt let’s her know that it was only just a one more time thing. That however was not the case because after a drunken grope by a colleague, Matt loses his stuff. They end up having a casual affair off and on for the next couple of weekends until one weekend they don’t and Mac meets Cal. After Matt sees that there is competition for Mac, he forbids her from seeing Cal; that doesn’t go so well with Mac. I’ll stop here but I highly recommend this series. I cannot wait until the next book. This book is the second book in the six book series. Each book will be released every couple of weeks from January thru March. 



~REVIEW BY VANESSA~

USA Today Best-Selling Author, Sawyer Bennett is a snarky southern woman and reformed trial lawyer who decided to finally start putting on paper all of the stories that were floating in her head. She is married to a mobster (well, a market researcher) and they have two big, furry dogs who hog the bed. Sawyer would like to report she doesn't have many weaknesses but can be bribed with a nominal amount of milk chocolate.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment