Monday, April 28, 2014

Pulled Beneath Review


What happens when you uncover years of secrets and find out everything you thought to be true was a lie?
Drew Stevens finds her world turned upside down when her parents are brutally murdered. Soon after, she learns she inherited a property in Bar Harbor, Maine from recently deceased grandparents that she believed had died when she was a baby.
Drew travels north to settle her grandparents’ estate, but finds more questions than answers as the truth starts unraveling. What she didn’t expect to find was Saint, whose reputation was as tumultuous as his past. But the very thing that brought them together was the same thing that kept them emotionally caged.
With Saint’s scars so deep and Drew’s so fresh, can the pair heal from their painful wounds or will they be pulled beneath the darkness of their pasts?
 
Let me start off saying I am a HUGE fan of Marni Mann's writing! I love her writing style, her characters, everything is just beautiful.  She is just a wonderful author with great amazing heartfelt stories that are so filled with hope and promise.  I can't resist her books even if tried, Marni's books are on my auto buy list. She will always be my favorite author.  

I fell in love with Pulled Beneath from the very first page.The author takes you through a very painful step of Drew's troubled journey in her attempts to recover from her parents death and dealing with her mother's past.  Drew must also bear the burden of what she is going to do when she goes to Maine after her grandparents have leave her their house after their deaths.   She struggles through each day and barely holds things together. Her photography is suffering as she has not lifted her camera since her parent's passing.  Drew then meets the sexy Saint and it seems as if they are meant for each other. 

Then the author throws in a few major plot twists which will totally surprise you! I enjoyed the supporting characters, they all have a story to be told and I can't wait to find out where each of them will go from here.  Their presence really added to the story.

A few things I've learned about this book: 
1.  I want to go to Maine. 
2. I want to try a Whoopie pie! 
3. Where can I find me a sexy Saint? 
4. I LOVED this book and can't wait for the next two in this series. 




A New Englander at heart, Marni Mann is now a Floridian inspired by the sandy beaches and hot pink sunsets of Sarasota. She taps mainstream appeal and shakes worldwide taboos, taking her readers on a dark and breathtaking journey.
When she’s not nose deep in her laptop, she’s scouring for chocolate, traveling, reading, or walking her four-legged children. Visit her at www.marnismann.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment