Wednesday, May 22, 2013

This Trust of Mine (The Raine Series #2) Review


~Synopsis~
"Love cannot be defined by age or time, but by the way that person makes you feel. He made me feel completely vulnerable, but vulnerability I have learned is a gift, one that I will gladly accept from Madison Raine."

Kayla
Madison had irrevocably changed me. He opened me up to feel things I had never felt, and he never judged me for my past. In the short amount of time I had known him, I had fallen in love with him and everything he encompassed. He showed me how to live, how to enjoy life, but best of all, he showed me how to love. They say bad things happen to good people, well that saying rang truer to me now than ever before. Madison is gone. He is off at school in Arizona, and I just couldn't bring myself to leave with him. That was my first mistake.
See the thing about trouble is, it will always find you. Trouble found me the night he left, and that night forever changed me. Now I am fighting my way back, alone.

Madison
Leaving Kayla was one of the hardest things I had ever had to do. To say I regret my decision to leave her behind, would be an understatement. My world shifted when I met her and I would forever be changed. Everything felt different now that I was away, everything with her at least. Something was wrong, I could feel it. I needed to go to her to find out what this feeling was, but would she trust me enough to tell me, and could I trust her to forgive me.

"When life, love and heart breaking circumstances stand to pull apart a bond so strong, what do you do without trust?


~Jodie Rae's Review~

 

I rated This Trust of Mine 3.5 leaves! This Trust of Mine picks up one month after This Love of Mine ended. I absolutely think this series is great, and I recommend it to everyone! Amanda Bennett is a fantastic writer. She traps you in a story that makes you feel like you are right there living the moment with the characters.

There were a couple of things that made me want to pull my hair out. The first is how Madison and Kayla did not communicate! I don't know how many times I've told my friends (and myself), communication is key! You have to have this to have a strong relationship! I also had to remind myself that Madison and Kayla are still very young. I am looking forward to reading how Amanda develops these characters even more in the next book. I also loved how when they finally did communicate all was happy in the world between the two! The second issue I had with the story was when the reader learns about Kayla’s victimization. This type of experience is one that no one should ever have to go through. It was a huge deal, but it was never talked about. Once the event was brought to light, the issue was never discussed again. I know people deal with issues differently like I do, but still!

What I loved about Madison and Kayla was the pull between the characters; the feeling that they were meant to be. I think everyone has their one true love out in the world, and it goes to show that these two just might have true love. In This Trust of Mine, the characters depended on each other more than most stories. I felt terrible for Kayla. This girl has been through so much and is such a strong lady. My heart just breaks for her. Madison, Madison, Madison... you stole my heart yet again in this book! This leading man is a true charming cowboy. He would do anything for the love of his life, and he is just so darn sweet and caring! "When a man like Madison comes knockin' at your door, offerin' the world, you take it. No questions asked." YES! This just sums Madison up for me.

Seriously, Amanda? Another cliff hanger? ;-) I'm looking forward to the next book, which is expected to release in July!

~Author Interview~
Jodie Rae: Thank you so much for allowing Falling in Fall Book Blog to interview you! Our first author interview. What an honor!

Amanda Bennett: Thanks you so much for having me. I feel so honored to be y'all's first author interview.

Jodie Rae: First, I just have to say, I LOVE Madison! He is my ideal man. Like, seriously so hot! ;-) Where did Madison's character come from?

Amanda Bennett: First let me say, I absolutely love Madison too..lol With that being said, he is a mix of two men, my husband and a person I shall never name. Madison's personality is almost 100% my husband, and his looks are a mixture of his and the other no name man. That and I'm in love with tattoos, especially full sleeves on a guy, so that's where the tattoos came from.

Jodie Rae: Where did you get the inspiration to write The Raine Series?

Amanda Bennett: The Raine Series came to me shortly after I finished Misguided Heart. It was a story that I had tucked away and couldn't decide exactly how I wanted it to go, but then I finished Misguided Heart and it just came to me. A lot of my inspiration comes from my real life, so a lot of that inspired most of it as well.

Jodie Rae: If this series was made into a television series or a movie (which would totally be awesome) who would you want to play the main characters?

Amanda Bennett: Madison would be Jensen Ackles, Kayla would be Lucy Hale, Cami would be Ashley Benson, and Glenn would be Travis Van Winkle. Joey who is a new character in this book would definitely be Taylor Kitsch but with shorter hair. It's a very yummy cast in my mind :)

Jodie Rae: What is the best writing advice you have ever received that you would like to pass on to aspiring authors?

Amanda Bennett: Write because you love to do it, and even when you don't think you can, just keep trying. I write for the love of writing and for you all (my fans) without amazing people like you all who read my books, it wouldn't be as fun.

Jodie Rae: What's up next for you with your writing? Can you give us any insights into the journey of Kayla and Madison?

Amanda Bennett: Next up will be the third and final book in the Raine Series titled This Heart of Mine. after that I have a stand alone coming out called Faithless which is totally different than anything I have ever written.
As far as Madison and Kayla go, they will find themselves facing some hard decision and a lot of obstacles before they can truly get their HEA, but it will be worth the ride.

Jodie Rae: Thank you again for letting us interview you! I am looking forward to the next book in the Raine Series.

Amanda Bennett: It was my pleasure. Thank you for taking the time to interview me. Lots of love xx

~Author Links~
 Facebook
Website
Twitter
Goodreads
 

No comments:

Post a Comment